Monday, 25 November 2013
Final Bank Approval Received
On Thursday we were also advised that our loan have been fully approved. We have signed all the paperwork and are now just waiting for the bank to issue the Authority to Commence Construction Letter so we can forward it on to rawson. We are almost there!!
We Have A Pool
On thursday our pool started to get installed, and it was completed on friday. We got a Billabong plunge pool, as we dont have alot of room, but its going to be perfect for us. Cant wait until summer 14/15 to have a dip.
Block before the pool is installed
Markings of where pool will be placed
All the fill that was removed
The shell
Before it has been backfilled and water put in
All done - until the house is finished
Monday, 18 November 2013
Construction Certificate Issued
Our paperwork for our construction certficate was sent to certifiers on 11/11/13 and to our suprise we we advised today that it has been issued and it is dated 13/11/13. We are now just waiting for our bank approval to come through, once that happens the 20 working day count down till construction starts is on!!
We are still waiting for a few colour prices to come through - its been over a month since our appointment - hopefully they are sorted this week so they is no delays in getting our final plans and orders in.
We are still waiting for a few colour prices to come through - its been over a month since our appointment - hopefully they are sorted this week so they is no delays in getting our final plans and orders in.
Friday, 1 November 2013
Council Approval Received
So today marks day 130 of our admin period..... and today we received DA approval. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are now hopeing to have contract and construction certificate paperwork completed by the end of next week and then patiently wait for final bank approval and site start.
Monday, 28 October 2013
Small Win
After giving our independant bush fire consultant the go ahead on friday, we werent expecting to receive the report until the end of this week. We were quite suprised when we received the completed report this morning, and to make it even better - the bal was 12.5!! I have now forwarded the report direct to the council officer looking after our file, fingers crossed now that we might have DA approval by the end of the week.
Friday, 25 October 2013
Bushfire Assessment Battle
Our admin dramas have continued this week. All of our DA documents were uploaded to the council tracking site, where I was able to look at our bushfire assessment that Rawson had submitted, and was disappointed to see that they had assessed us as Bal 29. We have been told all along since before going to tender that the bal assessment would be reviewed as the initial assessment was done before any houses had been built. The whole stage has now been developed, apart from our site, and all of our neighbours have been assessed as bal 12.5. Bal 12.5 is a huge saving in $$, so after a few angry emails and phone calls, Rawson have agreed for us to get an independant bush fire assessment report completed, and they will credit the cost of the report back to us. We have decided to use Newcastle Bushfire Consulting, as they completed our neighbours assessment and have said they support a bal 12.5. The council are going to proceed with assessing our DA but are going to hold off on final approval until the new report is submitted, which should only take 5-7 days. Another delay - but well worth the wait.
Friday, 18 October 2013
Finally In Council
So today marks day 118 of the admin phase, and we are finally in council! Our pool plans were submitted yesterday, and the house was submitted today. Praying now that we have a speedy and delay free approval process.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)






